January 9th, 2013
1) Dream team, from two to three: As if we couldn’t be more elated with the news of Alexander Wang taking the helm of Balenciaga – now there is rumor goddess of all things dark and chic, and former editor in chief of Vogue Paris, Carine Roitfeld will be styling for Wang. Squeal.
2) Marc makes his mark (once again): Coming Fall 2013, Marc Jacobs will reveal his much anticipated beauty line at Sephora. Now along with all the fall fashions we can’t wait to get our hot paws on…we can get excited about Marc’s makeup- no doubt a blend of his off-beat luxe aesthetic. But will there be horns?
3) Nicolas Ghesquiere has spoken or at least tweeted: Former Balenciaga, Nicolas Ghesquiere designer joined the ranks of many designers when he created a Twitter account last month. Taking his time to (we’ll assume) design the perfect first tweet, Nicolas finally broke his twitter silence weeks later with a, “Thank you to all for such a fantastic welcome!” accompanied by a twitpic of a Star Wars Stormtrooper helmet. Thus far, that is his first and only message to his more than 4,000 followers. Follow for tweet No.
4) Dear Kate: Ex-Elle style director (and street-style snapper fave) Kate Lanphear has found a new fashion home at T: The New York Times Style Magazine as style director. We’re looking forward to seeing the impact of Lanphear’s signature edge on T mag and maybe just as excited to see her take-over the sidewalk at the up-coming fashion week shows.
5) Is Texas big enough for Uncle Karl? : Karl Lagerfeld’s Chanel shows are infamous for there full-on extravagant productions. So it only follows that why not take the biggest fashion show on earth to the place known for its ‘everything is bigger here’ motto – Texas?! Uncle K is showing his love for Dallas-based luxury department store Neiman Marcus, saying, “When Chanel reopened (after WWII), the French press was beyond nasty. The only press that understood it immediately was the American press.” Now let’s place our bets, will he remove his signature sunnies and rock a double CC cowboy hat? Only time will tell…
CATEGORIES:Amazing Events (3)